Today’s fashion & apparel designers demand unparallel performance from software that is easy to use, while also delivering the highest possible quality. Color Reduction and Cleaning Pro is one of the core modules of the Printing Studio Suite and offers some of the most specialized and versatile tools for processing scans of artwork and fabric samples alike.
While scans capture an unlimited number colors, our customers are challenged with the interpretation of the scan into a precise number of flat and tonal colors. Several color reduction techniques can be applied, depending on the design type, and the real time preview window assures that you’ll achieve the result that you want, in the least amount of time.
Following color reduction, a full compliment of cleaning tools can be accessed to remove unwanted imperfections. As most of the cleaning tools can be applied automatically, the user will spend a minimal amount of time manually replacing stray dirt, fabric textures or pencil lines. This is one of the most essential and beneficial offerings in the Printing Studio Suite.
The latest version of Color Reduction and Cleaning Pro also allows you to put the original artwork files (delivered by the design studios or scanned locally) into repeat and in the same time keeping all details and richness before the separation starts. New color matching methods are developed to make it even simpler to convert almost any graphic image with gradient colors, haftones and flatcolors into textile designs. These new color matching methods will increase the creative process of new collections of our fashion and apparel customers.
Highlights and features
- Scan directly with industry standard Twain drivers.
- Fix the repeat with basic tools such as: clone, brush, motifs.
- Reduce and separate the number of colors: from millions in a scan, to the typically much smaller number that is desired for apparel, textile and wallcovering applications.
- Import scan files, digital photographs or any true color (RGB) file from other graphic applications.
- Merge multiple scans with sophisticated rotation and alignment tools and edit the result with a full range of motif and clone tools in repeat!
- Color reduction can result flat colors, textures, tonal and the most complex watercolor techniques.
- Multiple views and preview windows display the color reduced result in real time, allowing for step by step control.
- Dynamic module linking available from Design and Repeat Pro.
- Access cleaning tools directly in Design and Repeat Pro.
- Cleaning tools are specialized for apparel and textile specific processes that eliminate colors where they are not wanted and replaces them with the correct colors automatically.
- Unique black and white “film” view, highlights colors to be cleaned.
- Layering technology allows the visualization of the original scan under the color reduced image aiding in cleaning decisions.
- Provides a wide range of separation techniques for flat colors, textures, tonal and the most complex watercolor designs incl. the new 2 Tone Color Shading.
- Multi-layer tonal and flat separations can be generated immediately (a plugin provides compatibility with Adobe® Photoshop®).
- Available as an upgrade from Color Reduction and Cleaning.