While Tonal Tracing is a module of the Printing Studio Suite, it can also be used as a stand-alone solution, offering all of the tools necessary to process a tonal file from scan to final production ready color separations.
Tonal Tracing offers a full compliment of true color drawing and repeat tools, along with the ability to extract full tonal layers, with unlimited color mixing.
In combination with NedGraphics Tonal Plug-In (NTP), Tonal Tracing can also be considered as the perfect ‘repeat’ companion to Photoshop for single layer 24bit files or multi spot channel separations.
Once designs have been separated into tonal layers, colorations can be performed with our signature simulation of bulk production for various colorants such as reactive, pigment, heat transfer and wallcovering methods. Color separations can be exported in production ready gray-levels or rasterized for more traditional film plotting.
Tonal Tracing can also be used as a standalone solution, offering all you need to process a tonal file from scan to final production ready color separations.
Highlights and features
- Great fit for designers and engravers who are looking for specialized tools catering to the processing of the most complex tonal designs.
- Sophisticated layering technology.
- True color drawing tools, images filters and repeat functionality.
- Open and work between multiple files at the same time.
- Manage color overlays and fall-on mixing, including production color prediction.
- Isolate and extract tonal color separations on multiple layers.
- Gamma curve correction for tonal gradations.
- Colorway creation and manipulation in true color.
- Layered files may be exported and recolored in Simulating Printed Fabric True Color.
- Import files from Color Reduction and Cleaning pro, preserving color layers.
- Generate true gray-scale digital color separations engraving processes.
- Apply production raster or dot structure, to be exported for more traditional engraving techniques.
- Sophisticated separation overlay and trapping tables for accurate engraving.
- CMYK separations with spot color additions for wallcoverings.
- Drive direct digital engraving equipment.
- Drive the latest digital textile printers.